Positives and negatives
To summarize what MeetBang has going for it in this review, here are a few pros and cons of using the site.
- You can immediately tell that this isn’t a site any reasonable person should be using
- Questionable site
- A very crass approach
- Redirects to fake cam girl video chats
First impression during our Meetbang review
Still, these reviews are only helpful if I keep an open mind so I soldiered on. Then, I was met with this:
That mix of upper and lower case text ought to be a crime! Also, that’s right, I can get a fuckbuddy for free in under an hour! True as that may be, it’s not going to happen on a site called Meet Bang.
Mildly amused, I e. I click that enticing blue button to see if their claim was true. Spoiler alert: it was not. More about that next.
The MeetBang sign-up wizard
By the time I clicked that big, blue and oh-so-crass action button I was 90% certain this site was a joke. A moment later this suspicion was confirmed.
“Before we can show you a list of women who have requested sex in the last 2 hours. . .” Seriously? Who wrote this? I digress.
The rest of the process is very similar to what I saw when I reviewed InstaFuck recently and this was just as weird. It takes you through a series of questions that I suppose are meant to get you excited for that fuckbuddy. They were:
- Many of these women are desperate single mothers and wives seeking some fun. They could be your neighbor or someone you know. Do you agree to keep the identity of these women secret?
- These women have asked us not to let in men seeking formal dates or serious relationships. Do you agree with this request?
- Do you agree to practice safe sex when you have sex with a partner who you meet on our site?
- Are you at least 25 years old? Women have requested we not let people under 25 contact them because of immature behavior by young people in the past.
I felt like I was signing up for some kind of secret sex society ala Eyes Wide Shut. Sadly though, that wasn’t the case either.
Finally, you’re given a series of questions around your sexual preferences. Age, body type, type of dating, etc. Note that at any point through this process, the buttons you click are irrelevant. You can click “No” to all of the questions above and the result doesn’t change.
The plot thickens
This has been a great journey so far, little did I know it was about to get a whole lot more complicated.
Once you’ve selected exactly the type of women you want to have sex with minutes from now, you’re asked for an email address. Make no mistake, you will receive a lot of spam from a host of fake dating sites almost immediately.
Instead, you’re taken to a payment page so you can sign up for a paid subscription. At first glance, I thought this must be a paid-only site. As I searched for a tiny, gray “maybe later” link like most of these sites have, I noticed the connecting singles zdjД™cie profilowe URL.
We’re not in Kansas anymore. This is an InstantHookups page. What’s frustrating is this deceit is very intentional – the URL literally shows they’re hiding the InstantHookups branding. They’re hoping you think this is just a necessary step in signing up for MeetBang.
This is where things go from ‘wow, this is so bad’ to losing that bit more faith in humanity. The closer I looked at this page, the more frustrated I became.